I just felt like blogging about a few of life's little things that amuse me:
1) Commercials with jingles so lame the advertising actually works. Last night I laid down in a futile attempt to sleep (comfortably), and turned on my local FOX channel to watch "Sex in the City" reruns. A commercial for a law firm that handles insurance claims proceeded to play, and 15 seconds in sang a song "Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe; experienced and affordable". (I'm ad libbing a little). Anyway, it was awful. I mean, the off-key singer was not the worst part. But I did remember the commercial. Too bad I can't remember the law firm name. That would be effective advertising.
2) Random acts of television changing. We have a free trial subscription to HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax. Sometimes I will watch a movie on one of these channels. I also listen to the XM Radio Stations from time to time. Or turn on a local cable channel before I fall asleep. For some reason the satellite dish randomly reverts in the middle of the night to the channel that I was last watching. A couple of times I have woken up to the XM radio channel instead of infomercials. No big deal.
This becomes interesting to me however, because last night I started watching a movie on Cinemax and then decided I should try and sleep. So I switched to infomercials because they do not interest me enough to keep my attention. In the middle of the night I awoke feeling sweaty and wondering how it was that I had just dreamt about sex in such vivid detail. The downside was that I wasn't even having sex in this dream; other people were. I looked up at the TV, and wouldn't you know, Cinemax (Skinemax past 1 AM apparently) had come back on, and there was soft PORN on my TV! At least I learned the cause of my dream, but imagine if my parents (yes, I now live with my parents) had come downstairs in the middle of the night and heard PORN coming from their illegitimately pregnant daughter's room. How much of a nymph would I look like? Not to mention the thought is just disgusting. I prefer to think that no one in our house is having sex, because the world is just a better place that way. I'm going to have to fix the satellite box.
3) Animals dressed as humans. No further comment necessary.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment