Thursday, May 14, 2009

If you want to destroy my sweater

Pull this thread as I walk away.
I have been buying clothes like they are going out of style. Well, knowing me, they most likely are...I've never been the overly fashionable type. But it hadn't occured to me until just today that the reason I am buying a ton of new clothes is that I am slightly depressed about the amount of work I have to do to get back to my "old self" (physically).

I think I am going to have to accept that there are things about me as a "mom" that make me a different kind of attractive. And by that I mean, the hopes of having a body like a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader are gone. I can only hope to fall into the cute category (I've never been in supermodel shape anyway).

Stretch marks and extra weight are amongst the host of things about my physical self that have changed and will require an amount of work that can't be acheived overnight to get me back to me. I will regain a state of normalcy in time I'm sure, but the rough part about waiting for that is that I'm still single. It's slightly depressing knowing that I have physical "scars" from having a baby yet I have no one that already loves me "for who I am". A lot of these are cliches and I believe that because I am just so cool that I will settle down someday. But in the meantime, my pocketbook needs a break. I need to realize that no amount of sweaters and new boots is going to change the fact that I am different (inward and outward). But I do look pretty cute in my new boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment