Thursday, May 14, 2009

Liar....if we’re keeping score

It has come to my attention somewhat fairly recently that my ex husband is either remarried or about to be.

The poor girl...I wish I could help her, and she seems really nice.

The odd thing about this is that a few months ago SH (I still call him shithead--it was a pet name during our marriage and I just know too many Chris') called me and asked for a copy of our divorce paperwork because his job was going to fire him on a technicality. I tried to help him out but couldn't find my copy either so it was to no avail. That was the last time we talked.

I did find my divorce paperwork yesterday; I need it to change my name back to it's maiden form so that I can have the same last name as the baby. I then realized that perhaps SH was lying to me...why would his job fire him for putting single instead of divorced on his application? And he would need to show PA a copy of our divorce in order to get remarried.

I just find it odd that the man would lie to me. Maybe he wasn't, this could be just purely speculation. However, it wasn't a year ago that he drunkenly called me and "wanted me back". Anyone who knows SH knows that he does a lot of impulsive (and very stupid) things and this did not phase me at all. It's pretty typical SH behavior actually and I didn't take it seriously. My point, however, is that he must not have known her very long. (He asked me to marry him after 4 weeks of dating and we moved in together at 6 weeks...granted I was 18 at the time). I do suppose now that he's engaged or remarried that his offer to be his roommate if I should move back to NY/PA does not stand. (rofl....)

I do wish them both the best...having at one point loved the man, even if we couldn't work it out, I do think that a part of me hopes that the efforts I put into him are not wasted.
And I do have a little advice for the future Mrs. White should she happen to stumble on my blog:
~Be sure and keep up with the laundry--he really hates it when it isn't done.
~Don't put bacon in the freezer when clearly it is meant for the refridgerator.
~Be sure to plan and buy a lot of meat meals for the week and at least a 36 pack of Miller Light for the weekend. He'll settle for another light beer on occasion and when he is out of a job and can't buy his own.
~Only soft toilet paper will do.
~The bathroom gets scrubbed with bleach.
~Be sure to keep your phone by your head when he is out without you and keep at least $500 hanging around for bail .
~Learn how to pick him up from the bar and make a fast getaway.
~Do not get fingerprints on the side of his truck, especially after he has just washed it. I found that opening the door with my sleeve over my hand or my elbow worked pretty well.
~Be sure to keep unemployment on speed dial.
~His dad will grab your ass if he gets too drunk--be prepared.
~Do not expect to get to pick the restaurant or the movie, ever.
~If $50 is missing from your bank account, check under the couch (cushions and all) for new video games.
~Call all of your friends and bid them farewell. Male friends are off limits and your girlfriends are inevitably sluts.
~Learn to crush up the lithium and put it in dinner in case he decides he doesn't "need" it anymore. Otherwise, I know a decent divorce lawyer I can refer you to.

Those are the important things to know, anyway. I still am slightly curious whether he really was telling the truth or if he felt he couldn't tell me he was getting remarried. Either way I do wish him the best of luck in his new relationship and I hope he's at least learned how to help carry in the groceries and open the door once in a while. And in the future (for the record) SH, you do not need to lie about getting remarried to me--I'm a big girl and quite frankly, although I still care about you in the sense that I hope you aren't dead, I could really care less if you found someone who makes you happy, and am actually happy for you (still sad for her though).

My wonderful ex taught me exactly what I don't want in a man/marriage, and although my dating portfolio is a definitely different these days, I have no doubt that someone (quite possibly anyone) could make me happier than he did. I remember when we split up I said that if it meant I had to be single for the rest of my life it would be worth it. I still stand by that.

I'm not curious enough to call, but perhaps I will send a civil text of congratulations. We'll see. In the meantime--keep it in your shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment