Thursday, May 14, 2009

Power Couple

There is something about real estate couples that annoys me. Maybe it is the idea that your identity is in your "power couple" status. Together, we can do anything. Alone, we are a waste of space.

Is it the codependency? Why do couples tag team real estate and assume that the rest of the world is more confident that "they" will be better than one realtor. I can't stand realtors in general; most of them are pushy, arrogant thieves. (My apologies to anyone who is a realtor and is not pushy and arrogant). Why would I want two coked up jackasses trying to sell me a place?

Here's what I assume is the reality and why it annoys the shit out of me. Duality. Double vain, double dressed, double BMWs. Now if two realtors fall in love and want to work for the same company or even start their own, that is different than identifying yourself as Barbie & Ken,: the prom king and queen of realty sales. Can you not handle selling homes alone? Do you have sex in the bedrooms when no one is around? What is the deal with this type of relationship? Do you need someone to stroke your ego all the time? Does rejection become easier when there are two of you to absorb it? I personally, could not be a clone of my other "half" for the rest of my life.

Maybe that's why I'm still single.

No comments:

Post a Comment