Thursday, May 14, 2009

To the elitists of the world

It seems I am finding an ever growing number of elitists in the world. And not just the rich megalomaniacs, either. Everyone has their soap box and stand on it they do. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing to voice your opinion or share your thoughts. It is when judgment comes into the picture that I get annoyed. Skinny people judge the fat ones, rich judge the poor, pretty people the less attractive, shoe lovers the ones who wear flip flops, beach bums the mountain cowboys. Why?

In the words of Biggie: "Fuck the world don't ask me for shit- everything you get you got(s) to work hard for it". Simply because one person might NOT work hard for it, someone did. Those who came to America worked hard for the opportunities we are blessed with (and sometimes cursed with) today. The Africans who fought against slavery and segregation, the women who burned their bras for equality, the garage bands who didn't make it but paved the way for those who did, the ancestors who sacrificed their life for their family's trust funds & estates, the corporate blue collars who worked to bring up the value of your stock.

So I ask, where does anyone get the idea that they are better than someone else? More fortunate, sure. I may have made some mistakes and misjudgments in my time, but everyone must grow up at some point. Who cares if someone else wears patchouli oil? Who cares if someone is happy living in a trailer? Who cares if someone else actually likes Nascar? Does that make them less of a person; less of a human being?

These were all questions I pondered; thoughts I mused. I have come to the conclusion that I still have my soap boxes. I hate (seriously) hate our welfare system, which in turn causes me to judge its recipients. But it's not their fault; it's our broken system. A little reform and the people might learn responsibility and the value of a dollar. Knowledge is power, and unfortunately not everyone has it, or the capability of retaining it.

I think that is all I care to say for now, but maybe I will comment more later (after I at least get back to the hell blog). Patchy I know, but it's Friday and I want to go home. Happy Friday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment