Most of you know my philosophy on regret: I don't believe in it. I feel that I have learned from all of my actions whether they were right or wrong, positive or negative. My theory is that I wouldn't want to look back on a decision I made and wonder "what if". So instead, I just do it. Whatever the "question" is, I pick an answer.
Being virtually friendless (my friends are always there, but they are not here) in Colorado has allowed me ample time for self-reflection, realization, and of course, discovery. The reflection portion of that has left me thinking about all the friends I've had in my lifetime, many of whom I've regained touch with via myspace. Many of my existing friends I stay in touch with mostly via myspace.
Here's my regret: it took myspace to bring me back to them, and realize all the amazing people I've lost in my life. I have some friends that I spent every day with or every weekend with for a few years straight, and somehow they simply fell by the wayside.
I cannot say that any particular action caused these separations (at least not to my recollection), however, I find my fault in not pushing harder to keep them in my life. People are amazing, wonderful creatures. Each with a different mind, personality, and style. I have to admit that I regret the lost years I spent partying so much that I cared less to keep good relationships open, and more on where the action was. I wanderlustfully followed my desires of the moment and forgot to hold onto what mattered: the people. I lost friends over boys or relationships that lasted as long as a mento.
I was young, and I know that I have experienced a lot in the past 10 years. I can't even be entirely sure that I regret succumbing to wanderlust because I may not appreciate those people that I've become reacquainted with if I hadn't. I must say, however, that I will work harder now to value the relationships and friends I have and worry less about the glitterazi of life.
And to all my friends,
I love you guys!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment